1. What grades will La Tierra Community School offer for 2012-2013?
La Tierra Community School will offer grades K-6 in the 2012-2013 school year.
2. How will the grade levels be configured?
Classrooms: Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade, 3rd & 4th grade, 5th & 6th grade
3. Where will the school be housed?
LTCS is located at 124 N. Virginia St. in Prescott which is near downtown and the public library.
4. What makes La Tierra Community School different than other schools in the area?
Several things---La Tierra Community School...
5. What is Expeditionary Learning?
Expeditionary Learning creates a structure for schools that promote engagement, character building, and academic rigor. The Core Practices of EL are:
6. Is Expeditionary Learning a proven model?
Yes, EL has been a proven model for 17 years and is working in over 160 schools around the nation. President Obama and educational leaders have recognized EL for creating rigorous learning environments.
7. How is Prescott College involved?
Prescott College and La Tierra Community School have been partners since the school's inception. Students and staff at Prescott College are involved in the creation, development, and evaluation of the school.
8. Is LTCS a “lab school” of Prescott College?
No, LTCS is not a laboratory school of Prescott College---it is independent.
9. How do I enroll?
You must first attend an information session and then fill out an enrollment packet by the open enrollment date.